Partners at WeCAN
Hennepin Co. Food Support Application Assistance
WeCAN provides assistance for families and individuals in the application process for Food Support.
The Food Support program is a county-run, federal program that helps low-income households get the food needed for sound nutrition and well-balanced meals. These benefits can help stretch a family’s food budget. The Food Support program is not intended to meet all of your food budget needs.
The program issues your Food Support benefits through an EBT card (Electronic Benefits Transfer). These benefits can be spent like cash in most food stores. They may be used to purchase food or plants and seeds to grow food for your household to eat. However, they cannot be used to buy non-food items such as paper products or household and personal hygiene supplies, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, vitamins and drugs, pet foods, food eaten in the store or hot ready to eat “deli”.
Who Is Eligible?
* A citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen.
* Provide a Social Security number for each person in your home applying.
* Register for work if you are asked to.
* Assets are within Food Support program limits.
* Monthly income is within the gross and net income limits.
How Much Can You Get?
The amount of food support benefits a household can get is based on the income and expenses and the number of people in your household.
How Does the EBT Card Work?
* Recipients are issued an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card.
* Benefits are issued from the 4th to the 13th of every month depending on your specific case type.
* Access the funds at the check-out counter of any food store, look for a Quest sign on the credit card reader or ask store manager.
* Receipt from prior purchase shows balance in account.
Determined by Hennepin County
Make an appointment with Hennepin County at the WeCAN office
Location: WeCAN Offices
Phone:612-596-1300 hit 0
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 56 bytes) in /home/content/w/e/s/westerncan/html/wp-includes/cache.php on line 570